Newcastle United Womens' right back Stephanie Loraine is competing to become the next Miss Newcastle.
The 19-year-old hopes the competition will help raise the profile of the football club she has to pay to play for.
She said: “Unlike the men’s teams we don’t get the sponsors so we have to raise the profile of the club as much as we can.”
Loraine pays £250 every season so sign on for NUWFC and also runs for Gateshead Harriers.
The Miss Newcastle final is on Friday May 18, 2012. The winner at the Civic Centre will qualify for the semi-finals of Miss England.
- Newcastle United Women Crowned Champions
- Virgin Money Refuse Funding For NUWFC
- NUWFC: We're On Course
- Dresses By Fifties-Inspired Fashion Label
Should women's football be better funded?
More from News
- Shannen Steinson Is Crowned Miss Newcastle 2013
- Braving The Rain To Make 31st Children’s Cancer Run Another Huge Success
- Newcastle United Owner Mike Ashley Offers £1Million Incentive To Beat Arsenal
- Burglar Jailed For Three Years After Targeting Homes In Westerhope
- Boss Faces Jail After Swan Hunter Shipyard Worker Is Killed By Falling Girder
- Shoe Mirror Peeping Tom Caught 'Perving' On Woman At Swimming Baths
- Residents’ Heartbreak As Sunderland Estate Floods Again
- Extra Police Patrols After Woman Is Raped Near Newcastle College