NE1’s Newcastle Fashion Week has been officially launched.
It runs from May 26 until June 3 and will involve fashion shows, shopping events and workshops throughout the city centre.
Celebrities will be taking part, with Donna Air judging the most stylish people in Newcastle and TV fashion expert Brix Smith-Start hosting a Barbour fashion show.
South Shields-based company Barbour have made limited editions t-shirts to mark the event.
Only 300 have been made and they go on sale in Fenwicks on May 1.
Limited edition, specially-made pendants will also go on sale in Fenwicks.
They have been designed and produced by the brand Love Bullets whose merchandise has been worn by the likes of Cheryl Cole and Lily Allan.
Profits from the sales of the t-shirts and pendants will go to the charity Cash For Kids.
The aim of Ne1's Newcastle Fashion Week is to boost the local economy.
During last year's event sales in Newcastle city centre rose by 40 per cent and footfall increased by 25 per cent.
Full listings of NE1’s Newcastle Fashion Week can be found at http://www.get-into-newcastle.co.uk/NFW.
- Fashion: What's In This Season?
- Carnival Spirit To Revive Retail
- Camel Toe: Banish The Ultimate Wardrobe Malfunction
- From Art To Fashion
More from News
- The Hardest Workout Ever? We Try Male Pole Dancing
- Tyne And Wear Dance-Off: Mackem Mover Vs Geordie Groover
- EDL And Anti-Fascists March Through Newcastle City Centre
- Ambulance Needed On Fitness Guru's South Shields Booze Blow Out
- Nile Ranger Sentenced To Unpaid Work For Assaulting Girlfriend
- New Appeal For Convicted Sister Killer After Prison 'Confession'
- Lucky The Lamb Home For Easter After Police Foil Sheep Theft
- Explosive Alliance: Live Ammunition Training For British And French Troops