Geordie pop princess Cheryl Cole has become embroiled in a war of words with X Factor judge Louis Walsh.
He dismissed her as a "clothes horse" who needs to take singing lessons, after the Heaton-born singer criticised the support he had given her.
Cole, 28, recently accused Walsh, 59, of taking cheques despite having "zero involvement" during the beginning of Girls Aloud's career.
"Louis claimed to be our manager but he never did it. We didn't talk to him or anything like that. He just took a cheque. Literally, we didn't have management," she claimed.
Cole said that Walsh had publicly said of the band, "They're all fat, they all need to lose weight", after Girls Aloud won ITV1 show Pop Stars: The Rivals.
Now Walsh has hit back, questioning Cole's singing abilities and accusing her of drumming up publicity for advertising campaigns.
"What is she peddling this time? Eyelashes or hair spray? It's definitely not her music," he said in a magazine interview.
"At least I am still on The X Factor and happy to be there. I'm a much better manager than she is a singer."
"Has anyone ever heard her sing live or a cappella? If she comes back on The X Factor, she needs to sing live this time.
"I don't know why she's started this war with me. I've always liked her - she's a very good-looking girl, but obviously not the best singer in Girls Aloud. Nadine (Coyle) is. I always said that.
"Cheryl is a great clothes horse. Nice girl, but likes to get her own way."
Walsh added: "I've got two words to say: vocal lessons," and added: "When I write my book, I'll tell the real story of Cheryl."
Cole recently told another magazine about starting out with Girls Aloud: "We worked like crazy in those days. We didn't stop for breath. We never had management. Louis claimed to be our manager but he never did it."
She said: "I talk to him because now I get that business is business and that's how he runs his but he never chose a hit. Who chose them? Us."
More from News
- Coach Crash And Building Collapse: Terrorism And Disaster Live Exercise
- Rising Teen Star Kiki Lowe: Newcastle Schoolgirl Forging Music Career
- Foghorn Requiem: Lighthouse Tunes Up For Festival Of North East
- Lee Halpin Documentary Death: Friends Vow To Finish His Film
- Blistered Molly: Teachers By Day, Rockers By Night
- The Jessica Biel Look: Makeup Artist To The Stars Working On Wearside
- Has He Found Love? Catching Up With Undateables Star Steve Carruthers
- Rebuilding The Past: Historic Aircraft Resurrected On Tyneside