Newcastle University Business School has officially opened its new building on Barrack Road.
The sleek £50m glass structure stands directly opposite St James’ Park.
The new Business School campus was opened to students in September 2011 and has brought the faculty’s research, teaching and innovation activities together under one roof.
Newcastle University’s vice-chancellor, Professor Chris Brink, said: "The Business School now has a home which reflects its ambition to be the best.
“This impressive new building provides our students and staff with state-of-the-art facilities and its location at the heart of Newcastle’s centre of business and commercial development is fitting for a forward thinking institution.”
Newcastle University Business School’s director, Professor Ian Clarke, said: “The official opening of the Business School consolidates the journey and rapid growth we’ve experienced over the past 10 years.
“We want to continue to increase our international reach, working with global partners while attracting the best academic staff and students through our research intensive institution.”
Santander, one of the world’s largest banks, collaborates with the university through its Santander Universities global division, which funds scholarships and mobility grants for students and academics.
Lord Burns, chairman of Santander UK, said: “By opening this new building the university is sending a clear message to all of us, that it is in less buoyant economic times when investment is needed most.
“I am convinced that this Business School will benefit immensely from these impressive new facilities and it will soon become a reference for other universities in the UK and abroad.”
- Spin Doctor Turns Marriage Guidance Counsellor
- New IVF Technique Gives Better Chance Of Pregnancy
- We Want Your Brain
- Olympic Swimmer's Dream
- Diabetes Causes Higher Birth Risk
- 'Space Slime' Could Provide Free Electricity
- Newcastle Security Measures Ensure No More Graffiti
- TV Temptation For Children
- Scared To Be Seen But Syrian Students Want To Be Heard
More from News
- Shoe Mirror Peeping Tom Caught 'Perving' On Woman At Swimming Baths
- Residents’ Heartbreak As Sunderland Estate Floods Again
- Extra Police Patrols After Woman Is Raped Near Newcastle College
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- LIVE BLOG: Flood Alert For Newcastle Quayside And Severe Weather Warning
- LIVE BLOG HTML: Flood Alert For Newcastle Quayside And Severe Weather Warning
- Kung Fu, Tai Chi And Karate Masters The Shaolin Warriors Wow Wearside
- Newcastle Chinatown Waiters High Kicked Troublemakers 'Like Bruce Lee Extras'