Sky Tyne and Wear caught up with the Sunderland rock band while they were rehearsing in Barry and Dave Hyde’s family living room.
The four piece are perfecting a set list of songs for their upcoming UK tour which will see them perform acoustically for the first time.
Another first for the band is their latest album, Rant, a completely a cappella record with no instrumentation, only an arrangement of harmonies for four voices.
Lead singer, Barry Hyde, said: “We’ve never done anything like this before and none of our contemporaries have done something like this, apart from people who set themselves up as a cappella artists.”
Brothers Barry and Dave Hyde grew up in the same street as The Strangler’s bass player Baz Warne.
Sky Tyne and Wear took a trip to their old address in Sunderland, where former neighbours were keen to ask the band their own questions.
The Futureheads UK tour starts April 2, 2012, when they will also be releasing their brand new album, Rant.
For more information, visit The Futureheads website www.thefutureheads.com
- You Ask The Questions: Joe McElderry
- You Ask The Questions: Sarah Millican
- You Ask The Questions: Jo Brand
More from News
- Coach Crash And Building Collapse: Terrorism And Disaster Live Exercise
- Rising Teen Star Kiki Lowe: Newcastle Schoolgirl Forging Music Career
- Foghorn Requiem: Lighthouse Tunes Up For Festival Of North East
- Lee Halpin Documentary Death: Friends Vow To Finish His Film
- Blistered Molly: Teachers By Day, Rockers By Night
- The Jessica Biel Look: Makeup Artist To The Stars Working On Wearside
- Has He Found Love? Catching Up With Undateables Star Steve Carruthers
- Rebuilding The Past: Historic Aircraft Resurrected On Tyneside