Arts lovers are in for a treat from April 6 when a new arts centre opens to the public right in the middle of Newcastle.
BALTIC 39 will showcase some of the best artwork in the region, offering additional exhibitions to the BALTIC in Gateshead.
The centre will also act as a training hub for art students from Northumbria University at its premises on High Bridge Street.
Cllr Henri Murison, Cabinet Member for Quality of Life at Newcastle City Council, said: “This is the result of four major organisations – the City Council, the Arts Council, BALTIC and Northumbria University – working together to give the city and the region a powerful new voice on the cultural stage.”
More from News
- Nile Ranger Sentenced To Unpaid Work For Assaulting Girlfriend
- New Appeal For Convicted Sister Killer After Prison 'Confession'
- Lucky The Lamb Home For Easter After Police Foil Sheep Theft
- Explosive Alliance: Live Ammunition Training For British And French Troops
- Soap Box Racing: Dare You Take On The Simonside Challenge?
- Meet Newcastle's Six-Year-Old Award Winning Musical Prodigy Leia Zhu
- Violent Disorder By Newcastle United Fans In City Centre After Derby Defeat
- Badge Of Honour? Sunderland Boss's Dig At Rivals While Meeting President