South Shields pop star Joe McElderry has performed at The Sage Gateshead to raise money for those affected by last year’s earthquake and tsunami in Japan.
The JapaNOISE event took place on Saturday, February 25.
Britain’s Got Talent star Jai McDowall also performed.
Joe McElderry said: “We can raise some money for such an important cause. It means a lot to me because it seems like it has slipped off the radar a bit now, and we need to put it back on the radar.”
Jai said: “We all heard about the terrible events that happened last year. As soon as I heard about the fundraiser, I wanted to be involved.”
More from News
- Newcastle City Council Leader Nick Forbes: 'Cuts Made Me A Hate Figure'
- The Hardest Workout Ever? We Try Male Pole Dancing
- Tyne And Wear Dance-Off: Mackem Mover Vs Geordie Groover
- EDL And Anti-Fascists March Through Newcastle City Centre
- Ambulance Needed On Fitness Guru's South Shields Booze Blow Out
- Nile Ranger Sentenced To Unpaid Work For Assaulting Girlfriend
- New Appeal For Convicted Sister Killer After Prison 'Confession'
- Lucky The Lamb Home For Easter After Police Foil Sheep Theft