An up and coming local band has supported Noel Gallagher at the Metro Radio Arena.
The Smokin’ Barrels formed in 2008 after members Chris, Josh and Craig met at sixth form college.
They have already supported Kasabian at the same venue and are looking forward to their EP being available for download on iTunes on Monday February 27.
Chris Dawson, who sings and plays lead guitar told Sky Tyne and Wear: "This is crazy, because the reason we got into music was because of bands like Oasis and Kasabian."
Craig Redpath, the band’s drummer said: "We couldn’t have handpicked better bands to support."
More from News
- Cleaning The Tyne: Crew Back On River Rubbish Duty After Refit
- ¡Vamos! 2013: Burundanga And Hannahbiell Warm Up For Festival
- Maker Faire UK: Fire-Breathing Dragons And Pole-Dancing Robots
- Coach Crash And Building Collapse: Terrorism And Disaster Live Exercise
- Rising Teen Star Kiki Lowe: Newcastle Schoolgirl Forging Music Career
- Foghorn Requiem: Lighthouse Tunes Up For Festival Of North East
- Lee Halpin Documentary Death: Friends Vow To Finish His Film
- Blistered Molly: Teachers By Day, Rockers By Night