Exotic animals are helping to spread the message of conservation.
Giant African Millipedes, snakes, and an albino hedgehog and are all part of Zoo Academy, which promotes environmental awareness in order to save endangered habitats, such as the rainforest.
Elaine Burridge, 28, from South Shields founded the business after being inspired by her love of animals and travels across the region with her mobile zoo teaching ‘conservation through education’.
She said: “We’re trying to raise awareness of the little things people can do at home such as recycling and saving energy to help try and protect the environment.
“The animals are great because they really capture people’s attention, especially children.
“They’re amazed by them and that makes them really focused and switched on to the message that we’re trying to get across.”
To find out more about Zoo Academy, visit http://www.zooacademy.co.uk
More from News
- Nile Ranger Sentenced To Unpaid Work For Assaulting Girlfriend
- New Appeal For Convicted Sister Killer After Prison 'Confession'
- Lucky The Lamb Home For Easter After Police Foil Sheep Theft
- Explosive Alliance: Live Ammunition Training For British And French Troops
- Soap Box Racing: Dare You Take On The Simonside Challenge?
- Meet Newcastle's Six-Year-Old Award Winning Musical Prodigy Leia Zhu
- Violent Disorder By Newcastle United Fans In City Centre After Derby Defeat
- Badge Of Honour? Sunderland Boss's Dig At Rivals While Meeting President