Denise Welch and Tim Healy spoke of their continuing love for each other despite their split as they raised money for young performers.
The Sunday for Sammy show raises money for talented youngsters in the region, helping them to pursue a career in performing arts.
The line up featured Loose Woman presenter Denise, actor Tim and a host of other North East stars including X Factor winner Joe McElderry, Kevin Whately, Donna Air and Emmerdale actress Charlie Hardwick.
Held at Newcastle City Hall, the biennial show raises money for the Sunday for Sammy Trust in memory of the late actor Sammy Johnson.
Speaking after coming off stage actor Tim, who is chairman of the trust, said: “The audience loved the show. It’s great fun and a great vibe.”
The performance saw the reunion of Denise and her estranged husband Tim who recently announced their separation after 24 years of marriage.
Speaking of the split, Denise said: “This has been a great opportunity for us to show people that we’re the best of friends."
Their son Matthew, whose band has just been given a record deal, also joined the couple on stage.
Denise added: “There’s no animosity whatsoever. Nothing has changed. We’re still together as a family unit.”
Speaking of Denise, Tim said: “We’re soulmates, always will be until the day we die. I’m there for her and she’s there for me.”
More from News
- Rising Teen Star Kiki Lowe: Newcastle Schoolgirl Forging Music Career
- Foghorn Requiem: Lighthouse Tunes Up For Festival Of North East
- Lee Halpin Documentary Death: Friends Vow To Finish His Film
- Blistered Molly: Teachers By Day, Rockers By Night
- The Jessica Biel Look: Makeup Artist To The Stars Working On Wearside
- Has He Found Love? Catching Up With Undateables Star Steve Carruthers
- Rebuilding The Past: Historic Aircraft Resurrected On Tyneside
- Is The Ouseburn Valley The Coolest Place In Newcastle?