Hairdressers in Newcastle have created a hairstyle inspired by the city's women.
The 'Geordie Blow Dry' has been developed by the creative team at Ysalon in Eldon Gardens, who wanted to create a look associated with the North East.
After experimenting with a number of different styles, the team chose a wavy, high-volume hairstyle that they feel epitomises the Geordie woman.
Hairdresser Leslie Lowery said: "It's full and bouncy because when you go down the Bigg Market and places like that, they like to see it bouncy, they like to see it full.
"It's Kevin Keegan to an extent but that's really curly, this is more of a Hollywood style."
The salon says it is receiving plenty of interest in the blow dry.
Mr Lowery said: "A lot of people are talking about it, twittering about it, putting it on social networks. It's just becoming busier and busier and busier."
More from News
- 'Stolen Meat Reminded Me Of My Dead Gran': Court
- Changing Lives Through Football: Homeless FA Comes To Sunderland
- The Beggar Who Makes Up To £150 A Day On The Streets Of Newcastle
- Fresh Start For Unemployed And Ex-Offenders At Charity Cafe
- Breathtaking Views At Breakneck Speed: Zipwiring Over Sunderland
- People's Assembly: Owen Jones Rallies Anti-Cuts Support In Newcastle
- Newcastle End Of Season Stat Attack: NUFC Had Worst Defence And Dirtiest Player
- Sunderland Pensioner Could Be Jailed For Sex Attacks On Children