X Factor and Popstar to Operastar winner Joe McElderry has been talking to Sky Tyne and Wear.
We caught up with Joe in his hometown of South Shields, at the Customs House theatre where he began his career.
Joe said: “There’s nothing better than coming home, it’s such a lovely feeling.
“I could have had the craziest week performing in front of thousands of people somewhere really far from home and I come back to South Shields and just feel normal again and really chilled out.”
Joe will perform at JapaNOISE, a concert to raise money victims of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami.
The concert will be held at The Sage Gateshead, Saturday, February, 25.
For more information visit http://thesagegateshead.org/event/japanoise
- Little Mix Tell All
- Exclusive Interview: Little Mix’s Perrie Edwards
- X-Factor finalists Little Mix Answer Your Questions
- You Ask The Questions: Little Mix Mum
- You Ask The Questions: Sarah Millican
More from News
- Evolution Festival Director Jim Mawdsley Talks Curry, Cocktails And Bikinis
- Armed Robber Targets Tyneside Post Office
- Coal Mining Elvis Impersonator Among Artist's Work On Post-War Tyneside
- Bud The Police Horse Punched After Tyne Wear Derby Returns To Newcastle For EDL Demo
- Car Park Capers: Nesting Seagull Picks Empty Bay At Train Station
- Fresh Start For Unemployed And Ex-Offenders At Charity Cafe
- People's Assembly: Owen Jones Rallies Anti-Cuts Support In Newcastle
- Cleaning The Tyne: Crew Back On River Rubbish Duty After Refit