Newcastle defender Steven Taylor has raised the stakes ahead of this weekend's Wear-Tyne derby by claiming none of Sunderland's players would make the Magpies' first team.
The two sides square off at the Stadium of Light at lunch-time on Sunday, live on Sky Sports, and proud Geordie Taylor is adamant his team are the stronger of the two on paper.
Asked how many Sunderland players would get into the Newcastle side, a smiling Taylor replied: "Not even one player. That is the quality we possess.
"We say it all the time. Last year, even the gaffer said it, he has our team above Sunderland.
"The attacking options we have can hurt any side. And then we have Shola Ameobi - the Sunderland Slayer. His record against them is phenomenal (seven goals in 12 games).
"However, it is all very well saying that, but we have to go out and deliver. That is down to the players.
"It is all right saying, 'Yes, the team sheet looks great' but you have to go and perform."
Asked whether he would ever consider playing for Sunderland, Taylor added: "I would rather collect stamps than stick on that shirt!
"I have not got any friends who are Sunderland fans. As for the players, I am friendly with one or two of them from the U21s, but that was before they signed for Sunderland!"
- Pardew: This Is Strongest Sunderland Side I've Faced
- Mike Ashley Set To Buy A Stake In Rangers
- Pardew Calls For Derby Calm
- Beresford: Form Does Not Come Into The Derby
More from Newcastle United
- Newcastle United v Arsenal Preview: NUFC 'Owe A Performance'
- Newcastle United Dad-To-Be Davide Santon Spared 99mph Driving Ban
- Newcastle United Owner Mike Ashley Arrives At Training Ground In Helicopter
- Sports Direct News Apologises For Newcastle Rooney Bid Claims
- 'Not A Grain Of Truth' In Sports Direct News Report Of Newcastle Rooney Bid
- Yohan Cabaye Backs Newcastle's French Players To Come Good
- Newcastle's Ben Arfa: We'll Be Back Near The Top Next Season
- Newcastle's Ryan Taylor Set For Career-Saving Surgery In US
Related tags: Sport
- Transfer Talk: Simon Mignolet's Agent Rubbishes Talk Of A Move
- Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland Preview: SAFC To Play With 'Dignity'
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- Sky Ride Comes To NewcastleGateshead In Summer Of 2013: Get Your Bikes Out
- Paolo Di Canio Fires Holiday Threat At Sunderland Squad
- Sunderland Safe From Relegation: Reaction From Ex Player and Fanzines
- SAFC Boss Di Canio On Connor Wickham Frustration: I Have To Slap His Face
- Newcastle Defender Mike Williamson: QPR Win Proves There's No Split
Related tags: Football
- Sunderland's Alfred N'Diaye Impressed By Goalkeeper Simon Mignolet
- Newcastle United Manager Alan Pardew Reassures Fans On Arsenal Joke
Related tags: Newcastle
- Champagne And Singing As Newcastle Go Safe In Squeaky QPR Victory
- Newcastle Safe: 2 - 1 Win Over QPR Guarantees Premier League Survival
- Newcastle Boss Pardew Refuses To Rule Out Summer Move For Remy
- Newcastle Boss Alan Pardew Wants Talks With Owner Mike Ashley
- QPR v Newcastle Preview: Pardew's Men Head To London Looking For Three Points And Safety
- 'Very Happy' Yohan Cabaye Remains Focused On Newcastle