Demba Ba denies intentionally handling the ball when rescuing Newcastle United a point in their draw at Reading.
The striker scored twice in a dramatic second half at the Madejski Stadium either side of Reading taking separate leads through Jimmy Kebe and Noel Hunt.
Ba's first was a skilful volley but his second stole the headlines after he missed Shane Ferguson's cross with his head and the ball went into the back of the net off his hand.
It looked unintentional and the Senegal international told Sky Sports after the match: "Fergie just crossed the ball and I just wanted to hit it with my head.
"Unfortunately, it touched my hand and went in.
"I would say it is unfortunate for Reading but it is still a point for us."
Ba added: "What can I say? I just did not want to do it on purpose it was just unfortunate."
More from Newcastle United
- Metz Striker Olivier Kemen Keen On Newcastle Switch
- Alienation And Amusement: Joe Kinnear Returns To Newcastle
- Sky Sources: Andy Carroll To Undergo West Ham Medical
- Kinnear's Transfer Dealings: 54 Players Signed - But No Frenchmen
- Newcastle Confirm Appointment Of Director Of Football Joe Kinnear
- Late Bid For Carroll? Kinnear's Newcastle Striker Hunt
- Joe Kinnear: I'm More Intelligent Than Newcastle United Fans
- Steven Taylor Backs Joe Kinnear's Newcastle Return
Related tags: Sport
- Badge Of Honour? Sunderland Boss's Dig At Rivals While Meeting President
- Free Travel Offered To Away Fans On Derby Day
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland Chase PSV Keeper Jereon Zoet
- Joe Kinnear: Newcastle Must Strengthen For Europe
- Joe Kinnear: Listen To Sky Sports News Interview In Full
- Newcastle United's Yohan Cabaye Not For Sale Says Joe Kinnear
- Alan Pardew 'Undermined' By 'Pointless' Kinnear Appointment
- Newcastle's Yohan Cabaye: Monaco Transfer 'Might Interest Everyone'