Mathieu Debuchy is waiting to hold talks with Lille chairman Michel Seydoux after Newcastle United's latest offer for the full-back was rejected.
Sky confirmed on Thursday that the Magpies had made an improved bid, but Seydoux responded by saying the offer did not meet his valuation and that Debuchy would be staying at Lille.
Debuchy is unhappy that the offer has been rejected and wants to speak to Seydoux to reiterate his desire to be allowed to move to the Premier League.
"Actually the coach told me the news on Thursday afternoon," Debuchy told L'Equipe. "I met him in his office and he told me the chairman stopped the negotiations and he doesn't want me to leave anymore.
"So I called the chairman and left a message. I am waiting for him to call back to make the situation clearer because I can't understand.
"The coach told me yesterday that he didn't want to block me anymore, that he saw my desire to discover something new.
"Michel Seydoux states the last Newcastle offer does not meet his valuation. Again, I can't understand.
"One day I can't leave because the club has not found a replacement, the next day it is because the Newcastle offer is not enough. One day it is the coach who blocked me, the next day it is the chairman.
"I have the feeling everyone doesn't have the same words. I just want things to be clear.
"I have been at Lille for 20 years, a club I really love, for which I always gave my very best. I have never made a lot of noise and I don't want to start now.
"I have the opportunity to play in the best league in the world, playing regularly against the best opponents and I really want that.
"Today, I am still resolved to trying something new, to have another experience, and I would like to have a talk with the chairman for things to be clear between us."
Lille's recent signing of Djibril Sidibe had increased Debuchy's hopes of heading to St James' Park, but the club may also try to bring in a more experienced full-back, with Jose Bosingwa reported to be one option.
- Newcastle Transfer Round-Up: Debuchy, Santon And Anita latest
- Transfer Talk: Lille Decide To Keep Debuchy
- Transfer Talk: Newcastle Up Debuchy Bid
More from Newcastle United
- Newcastle 0 - 1 Arsenal: Final Day Defeat As Steve Harper Says Goodbye
- Newcastle United Manager Alan Pardew Confident Over Future
- Danny Simpson Confirms Newcastle Exit
- Newcastle Boss Alan Pardew: I'm Staying At St James' Park
- Newcastle United Owner Mike Ashley Offers £1Million Incentive To Beat Arsenal
- Newcastle United v Arsenal Preview: NUFC 'Owe A Performance'
- Newcastle United Dad-To-Be Davide Santon Spared 99mph Driving Ban
- Newcastle United Owner Mike Ashley Arrives At Training Ground In Helicopter
Related tags: Sport
- 'Psycho Drama Queen': Phil Bardsley's Girlfriend's Twitter Attack On SAFC Boss Di Canio
- Sunderland Boss Di Canio Criticises Phil Bardsley Over Casino Pictures
- PFA Warning For Sunderland Boss Paolo Di Canio After Players' Complaint
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland In For Striker Charlie Austin?
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland May Miss Out On Danny Rose
- Yorkshire Bank 40: Durham Lose To Hampshire By Five Wickets
- Spurs 1 - 0 Sunderland: Bale Brilliance Sinks Paolo Di Canio's Side
Related tags: Football
- Paolo Di Canio: Sunderland Would Have Gone Down Without Me
- Transfer Talk: Simon Mignolet's Agent Rubbishes Talk Of A Move
- Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland Preview: SAFC To Play With 'Dignity'
Related tags: Newcastle
- Sports Direct News Apologises For Newcastle Rooney Bid Claims
- 'Not A Grain Of Truth' In Sports Direct News Report Of Newcastle Rooney Bid
- Yohan Cabaye Backs Newcastle's French Players To Come Good
- Newcastle's Ben Arfa: We'll Be Back Near The Top Next Season
- Newcastle's Ryan Taylor Set For Career-Saving Surgery In US
- Newcastle Defender Mike Williamson: QPR Win Proves There's No Split
- Newcastle United Manager Alan Pardew Reassures Fans On Arsenal Joke
- Champagne And Singing As Newcastle Go Safe In Squeaky QPR Victory