Newcastle United and West Ham have not made bids for Liverpool, striker Andy Carroll according to manager Brendan Rodgers.
Brendan Rodgers has played down talk of Andy Carroll leaving Liverpool and says he has no knowledge of any bids for the player.
The striker has been heavily tipped to leave Anfield this summer and has been the subject of reported interest from West Ham United.
Sky Sports revealed on Friday the Hammers had offered to take the former Newcastle striker on a season-long loan with a view to a £17million switch.
However, Rodgers appears to have given the £35m man some hope he still has a career at Anfield by claiming he had not heard of any bids for the centre-forward.
"Not that I am aware of," Rodgers told Liverpool's official website when asked if there had been any offers for Carroll after using the England international as a substitute in Saturday's pre-season friendly against Tottenham in the USA.
"Obviously, I'll know more when we get back. There has been a lot written about Andy, but you saw today he's happy to be here and he's worked very well since he's been here.
"The reality is he's still a Liverpool player, he can fit into how I want to play, and he's happy here.
"I'm certainly not wishing to push him out of the door."
Liverpool completed their tour of America with a goalless draw against Tottenham.
- Transfer Talk: Newcastle's European Campaign Attractive For Carroll
- Newcastle Given Hope Over Andy Carroll Signing
- Transfer Talk: Rodgers Rules Out Carroll Loan
- Dempsey The Key To Carroll's Newcastle Move
More from Newcastle United
- Newcastle 0 - 1 Arsenal: Final Day Defeat As Steve Harper Says Goodbye
- Newcastle United Manager Alan Pardew Confident Over Future
- Danny Simpson Confirms Newcastle Exit
- Newcastle Boss Alan Pardew: I'm Staying At St James' Park
- Newcastle United Owner Mike Ashley Offers £1Million Incentive To Beat Arsenal
- Newcastle United v Arsenal Preview: NUFC 'Owe A Performance'
- Newcastle United Dad-To-Be Davide Santon Spared 99mph Driving Ban
- Newcastle United Owner Mike Ashley Arrives At Training Ground In Helicopter
Related tags: Sport
- 'Psycho Drama Queen': Phil Bardsley's Girlfriend's Twitter Attack On SAFC Boss Di Canio
- Sunderland Boss Di Canio Criticises Phil Bardsley Over Casino Pictures
- PFA Warning For Sunderland Boss Paolo Di Canio After Players' Complaint
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland In For Striker Charlie Austin?
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland May Miss Out On Danny Rose
- Yorkshire Bank 40: Durham Lose To Hampshire By Five Wickets
- Spurs 1 - 0 Sunderland: Bale Brilliance Sinks Paolo Di Canio's Side
Related tags: Football
- Paolo Di Canio: Sunderland Would Have Gone Down Without Me
- Transfer Talk: Simon Mignolet's Agent Rubbishes Talk Of A Move
- Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland Preview: SAFC To Play With 'Dignity'
Related tags: Newcastle
- Sports Direct News Apologises For Newcastle Rooney Bid Claims
- 'Not A Grain Of Truth' In Sports Direct News Report Of Newcastle Rooney Bid
- Yohan Cabaye Backs Newcastle's French Players To Come Good
- Newcastle's Ben Arfa: We'll Be Back Near The Top Next Season
- Newcastle's Ryan Taylor Set For Career-Saving Surgery In US
- Newcastle Defender Mike Williamson: QPR Win Proves There's No Split
- Newcastle United Manager Alan Pardew Reassures Fans On Arsenal Joke
- Champagne And Singing As Newcastle Go Safe In Squeaky QPR Victory