FC Twente chairman Joop Munsterman admits he is unsure whether Newcastle United target Douglas wants to leave the club.
Newcastle have made an offer for the Brazilian-born 24-year-old, who is close to securing Dutch citizenship.
Premier League rivals Fulham and West Ham United have also been linked with a bid for Douglas, while reports in Holland claim Aston Villa and Wolfsburg shelved interest earlier in the summer.
Douglas, however, appeared to muddy the waters earlier in the week when he said that he was unaware of an offer from Newcastle and that he wanted to stay at Twente.
Munsterman, though, appears to be becoming a little exasperated by the situation after conceding he does not know what either Newcastle or Douglas are looking for.
"It is unclear what Newcastle United and Douglas want exactly," Munsterman told De Telegraaf.
"Douglas says he wants to leave one week and the next week he wants to stay."
More from Newcastle United
- Derek Llambias Resigns From Role As Managing Director At Newcastle United
- Newcastle United Manager Alan Pardew: I'm Going Nowhere
- Newcastle And Sunderland's 2013/14 League Fixtures Announced
- Derek Llambias quits LINK
- Transfer Talk: Newcastle United Pulled Out Of Douglas Deal By Joe Kinnear
- Metz Striker Olivier Kemen Keen On Newcastle Switch
- Alienation And Amusement: Joe Kinnear Returns To Newcastle
- Sky Sources: Andy Carroll To Undergo West Ham Medical
Related tags: Sport
- Badge Of Honour? Sunderland Boss's Dig At Rivals While Meeting President
- Free Travel Offered To Away Fans On Derby Day
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland Chase PSV Keeper Jereon Zoet
- Kinnear's Transfer Dealings: 54 Players Signed - But No Frenchmen
- Newcastle Confirm Appointment Of Director Of Football Joe Kinnear
- Late Bid For Carroll? Kinnear's Newcastle Striker Hunt
- Joe Kinnear: I'm More Intelligent Than Newcastle United Fans
- Steven Taylor Backs Joe Kinnear's Newcastle Return