Luuk de Jong's agent says the striker has decided to leave FC Twente this summer and insists money will not be a factor behind his next move.
The Netherlands international scored 25 goals in the Eredivisie last season and he is a target for Newcastle United and Borussia Monchengladbach.
Newcastle have already failed with one bid of €10million (£8million) and they are reported to have upped that to €12million (£10milion).
Twente are understood to want in excess of €15million (£12.1m) for De Jong, with the Magpies having sent a delegation to Holland at the end of last week to hold talks.
Alan Pardew's side may now have been given further encouragement regarding their interest in De Jong after his agent Louis Laros confirmed the forward is ready to move on.
"Luuk has taken the decision to move on," Laros told TC Tubantia. "He wants to develop as a player in a bigger league.
"The important thing for us is the development of Luuk. Not the money, but the way of playing and the amount of playing time he will get will be decisive.
"Luuk scored 25 goals in the Dutch league last season, how many more does he need to score? 35?"
He added in Voetbal International: "Luuk is still a Twente player. If the right club comes along then he will happily make the move.
"The club doesn't need to be a top club, but a good club in a big league where Luuk can play regularly and develop as a player."
- Transfer Talk: Newcastle Agree £5m Fee For Douglas?
- Transfer Talk: Newcastle Target De Jong Will Cost 'Stupid Money'
More from Newcastle United
- Newcastle 0 - 1 Arsenal: Final Day Defeat As Steve Harper Says Goodbye
- Danny Simpson Confirms Newcastle Exit
- Newcastle Boss Alan Pardew: I'm Staying At St James' Park
- Newcastle United Owner Mike Ashley Offers £1Million Incentive To Beat Arsenal
- Newcastle United v Arsenal Preview: NUFC 'Owe A Performance'
- Newcastle United Dad-To-Be Davide Santon Spared 99mph Driving Ban
- Newcastle United Owner Mike Ashley Arrives At Training Ground In Helicopter
- Sports Direct News Apologises For Newcastle Rooney Bid Claims
Related tags: Sport
- Spurs 1 - 0 Sunderland: Bale Brilliance Sinks Paolo Di Canio's Side
- Paolo Di Canio: Sunderland Would Have Gone Down Without Me
- Transfer Talk: Simon Mignolet's Agent Rubbishes Talk Of A Move
- Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland Preview: SAFC To Play With 'Dignity'
- Dale Benkenstein Blow For Durham County Cricket Club
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- Sky Ride Comes To NewcastleGateshead In Summer Of 2013: Get Your Bikes Out
- Paolo Di Canio Fires Holiday Threat At Sunderland Squad
Related tags: Football
- 'Not A Grain Of Truth' In Sports Direct News Report Of Newcastle Rooney Bid
- Sunderland Safe From Relegation: Reaction From Ex Player and Fanzines
- Yohan Cabaye Backs Newcastle's French Players To Come Good
Related tags: Newcastle
- Newcastle's Ben Arfa: We'll Be Back Near The Top Next Season
- Newcastle's Ryan Taylor Set For Career-Saving Surgery In US
- Newcastle Defender Mike Williamson: QPR Win Proves There's No Split
- Newcastle United Manager Alan Pardew Reassures Fans On Arsenal Joke
- Champagne And Singing As Newcastle Go Safe In Squeaky QPR Victory
- Newcastle Safe: 2 - 1 Win Over QPR Guarantees Premier League Survival