Newcastle United target Victor Wanyama has admitted that he is interested in a move to England from Glasgow Celtic.
Wanyama's business manager Rob Moore told Sky Sports earlier this month that the player would like the club to listen to any offers made.
Now the impressive 21-year-old - who only joined Celtic last summer from Belgian Beerschot - admits he would like the chance to play in England with Liverpool, Stoke City, Queens Park Rangers, Newcastle and West Ham United all believed to been keen.
"I think the Premier League is the dream of so many players, so I'd be happy to play there. There are a lot of good clubs in England," the Kenyan told the Daily Record.
"It will be difficult to leave Celtic because I have just had a good season here and we are now playing in the Champions League.
"Celtic are one of the biggest teams. I've been happy here, and the fans have been brilliant to me.
"But it would not be a terrible thing for me if the club agree to let me go, and they were to get a good offer. They are the ones who decide.
"I'm proud I'm the first Kenyan to play in the UK and I'd be very happy to be the first Kenyan to play in the Premier League."
- Transfer Talk: Newcastle Linked With Celtic Midfielder
- Transfer Talk: West Brom Reject Mulumbu Newcastle Speculation
- Transfer Talk: De Jong 'Open To Newcastle Move'
- Transfer Talk: No Newcastle Bid For Cissokho
More from Newcastle United
- Newcastle United Dad-To-Be Davide Santon Spared 99mph Driving Ban
- Newcastle United Owner Mike Ashley Arrives At Training Ground In Helicopter
- Sports Direct News Apologises For Newcastle Rooney Bid Claims
- 'Not A Grain Of Truth' In Sports Direct News Report Of Newcastle Rooney Bid
- Yohan Cabaye Backs Newcastle's French Players To Come Good
- Newcastle's Ben Arfa: We'll Be Back Near The Top Next Season
- Newcastle's Ryan Taylor Set For Career-Saving Surgery In US
- Newcastle Defender Mike Williamson: QPR Win Proves There's No Split
Related tags: Sport
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- Sky Ride Comes To NewcastleGateshead In Summer Of 2013: Get Your Bikes Out
- Paolo Di Canio Fires Holiday Threat At Sunderland Squad
- Sunderland Safe From Relegation: Reaction From Ex Player and Fanzines
- SAFC Boss Di Canio On Connor Wickham Frustration: I Have To Slap His Face
- Ready To Welcome Europe: Christine Ohuruogu Visits Gateshead Ahead Of International Games
- Sunderland's Alfred N'Diaye Impressed By Goalkeeper Simon Mignolet
- Newcastle United Manager Alan Pardew Reassures Fans On Arsenal Joke
Related tags: Football
- Champagne And Singing As Newcastle Go Safe In Squeaky QPR Victory
- Sunderland 1 - 1 Southampton: Di Canio Hails Important Point Against 'Better' Saints
- Newcastle Safe: 2 - 1 Win Over QPR Guarantees Premier League Survival
Related tags: Newcastle
- Newcastle Boss Pardew Refuses To Rule Out Summer Move For Remy
- Newcastle Boss Alan Pardew Wants Talks With Owner Mike Ashley
- QPR v Newcastle Preview: Pardew's Men Head To London Looking For Three Points And Safety
- 'Very Happy' Yohan Cabaye Remains Focused On Newcastle
- Newcastle United Captain Fabricio Coloccini Desperate For Premier League Survival