Injured Newcastle United striker Sammy Ameobi says he hopes to play again this season and that qualifying for Europe would be ‘a dream come true.’
On Europe, he said: “It would just be unbelievable, it would be a dream come true.
“Obviously to play in Europe is what you want, to get as high as you can. Hopefully we’ll get there and hopefully I’ll get some games under my belt.”
Chances of qualification will improve with a win for Liverpool on Saturday, who Ameobi will be cheering on.
He said: “That would be unbelievable, that is what we are hoping for at the ground, for Liverpool to win and to give ourselves a better chance of getting into Europe.”
If Liverpool win Saturday’s FA Cup semi-final against Everton then sixth place would become a Europa League spot, all but securing European football for Newcastle.
The 19-year-old is still recovering from a serious knee injury picked up at a reserve match in January but still hopes to play again this season.
He said: “I’m doing quite well at the moment, I shouldn’t be too long away. Hopefully I might get in before the end of the season but you never know.”
More from Newcastle United
- Newcastle End Of Season Stat Attack: NUFC Had Worst Defence And Dirtiest Player
- Sky Sources: West Ham And Liverpool Agree Fee For Andy Carroll
- Tyne And Wear Football Team Of The Season: What Do You Think?
- Have Your Say: Newcastle United Fans' Survey 2013
- Newcastle 0 - 1 Arsenal: Final Day Defeat As Steve Harper Says Goodbye
- Newcastle United Manager Alan Pardew Confident Over Future
- Danny Simpson Confirms Newcastle Exit
- Newcastle Boss Alan Pardew: I'm Staying At St James' Park
Related tags: Sport
- Sunderland End Of Season Stat Attack: SAFC Had Premier League's Most Accurate Finisher
- Transfer Talk: Reported Sunderland Target Mbokani Hoping For Premier League Move
- PFA Warning For Sunderland Boss Paolo Di Canio After Players' Complaint
- Have Your Say: Sunderland AFC Fans' Survey 2013
- 'Psycho Drama Queen': Phil Bardsley's Girlfriend's Twitter Attack On SAFC Boss Di Canio
- Sunderland Boss Di Canio Criticises Phil Bardsley Over Casino Pictures
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland In For Striker Charlie Austin?
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
Related tags: Football
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland May Miss Out On Danny Rose
- Spurs 1 - 0 Sunderland: Bale Brilliance Sinks Paolo Di Canio's Side
- Paolo Di Canio: Sunderland Would Have Gone Down Without Me
Related tags: Newcastle
- Newcastle United Owner Mike Ashley Offers £1Million Incentive To Beat Arsenal
- Newcastle United v Arsenal Preview: NUFC 'Owe A Performance'
- Newcastle United Dad-To-Be Davide Santon Spared 99mph Driving Ban
- Newcastle United Owner Mike Ashley Arrives At Training Ground In Helicopter
- Sports Direct News Apologises For Newcastle Rooney Bid Claims
- 'Not A Grain Of Truth' In Sports Direct News Report Of Newcastle Rooney Bid
- Yohan Cabaye Backs Newcastle's French Players To Come Good
- Newcastle's Ben Arfa: We'll Be Back Near The Top Next Season