STL NORTHERN LEAGUE DIVISION TWO
ALTHOUGH they remain second from bottom, caretaker manager Bobby Orton was encouraged by Horden CW's performance against Chester le Street.
Fortunes ebbed and flowed throughout the game and it was the Colliers who struck first on 18 minutes through Aaron Ramsbottom.
Two goals in four minutes immediately before the interval sent the Cestrians in ahead. Daniel Curry produced two excellent corners which were headed home by Paul Wardle and Scott Donaldson.
Ramsbottom beat two defenders to equalise but the Cestrians then went 4-2 up with a brace of goals by Tom Vickers, recently signed from Alnwick Town.
In the last minute, Jordan Lavery reduced the deficit to a single goal as his stunning 25-yard free kick rocketed into the top of the net.
HORDEN CW Orton, Andrew Ramsbottom (McNicholl), Baxter, Ryder, Proctor, Oakley, Aaron Ramsbottom, Jackson, Price, Robinson, Lavery. Man of Match Ramsbottom.
CHESTER LE STREET: Rookes, Burns (Morris), Patton, Gilhespy, Donaldson, Wardle, Anderson (Fairley), Curry (Duke), Swanston, Vickers, Evans. Man of Match Vickers.
More from Home
- PFA Warning For Sunderland Boss Paolo Di Canio After Players' Complaint
- Cleaning The Tyne: Crew Back On River Rubbish Duty After Refit
- FT: Tottenham 1 Sunderland 0
- FT: Newcastle 0 Arsenal 1
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland In For Striker Charlie Austin?
- Boss Faces Jail After Swan Hunter Shipyard Worker Killed By Falling Girder
- Former Newcastle Striker Joe Allon Launches Dementia Awareness Week
- 18 Sunderland Fans In Court Accused Of West Ham Match Day Violence