Free agent closes on move to Stadium of Light
Sky Sports understands that Louis Saha is in 'advanced talks' with Sunderland and has arrived in the North East.
The 34-year-old France international striker is a free agent after leaving Tottenham Hotspur at the end of the season.
Saha moved to White Hart Lane in January, joining from Everton, and scored three goals in nine games.
Martin O'Neill is looking bolster his attacking ranks with at least two new strikers, and has failed in a number of bids for Wolves' Steven Fletcher.
But he now looks set for more success with Saha, who has travelled to Wearside for talks with the club.
If all goes well he could be signed ahead of this weekend's opening clash with Arsenal.
More from Home
- Thrills And Spills As Chernobyl Fundraisers Complete Coast To Coast Challenge
- Three Arrested Ahead Of EDL Demonstration In Newcastle
- Nissan Micra 'Getaway Vehicle' Found After Post Office Armed Robbery
- Plea For Calm At EDL National Demo In Newcastle After Woolwich Murder
- Go Compare Advert Singing Chihuahua Stolen In Burglary
- Evolution Festival Director Jim Mawdsley Talks Curry, Cocktails And Bikinis
- Sunderland's N'Diaye Backs Paolo Di Canio's Approach
- Newcastle's Steven Taylor Hopes Captain Coloccini Stays