New Gateshead signing James Brown says he should not be considered as a direct replacement for last season's top scorer Jon Shaw.
Shaw left earlier this summer after failing to agree terms on a new contract with Ian Bogie's side.
Brown was an early signing for Gateshead after hie release by Hartlepool United.
He has suffered from a series of injuries since first appearing for United over six years ago and was once a reported target for Newcastle United.
Brown, 25, says he has dropped down to the Blue Square Bet Premier to kick-start his career and that he joined Gateshead due to their attractive style of play.
But, Brown was quick to distance himself from being compared to last season's top scorer Shaw but says he hopes to be able to chip in with goals and help the side secure promotion to the Football League for next season.
More from Gateshead FC
- Ian Bogie: Cambridge Win Vital After Deflating Midweek Draw
- Highlights: Gateshead 2-2 Macclesfield
- Gateshead 1-1 Lincoln City
- Five New Faces And Eyes On Promotion: Gateshead Aim High For Next Season
- Shaw Heads To Luton
- Third New Signing For Gateshead
- Gateshead Sign Former England International
Related tags: Sport
- Changing Lives Through Football: Homeless FA Comes To Sunderland
- LV= County Championship Durham CCC v Middlesex CCC: Day One
- Newcastle United No To Signing Andy Carroll
- Sunderland Head Coach Paolo Di Canio Happy With Transfer Team Effort
- Former Sunderland Midfielder Claudio Reyna Named Director Of Football At New York City Football Club
- Sunderland End Of Season Stat Attack: SAFC Had Premier League's Most Accurate Finisher
- Newcastle End Of Season Stat Attack: NUFC Had Worst Defence And Dirtiest Player
- Transfer Talk: Reported Sunderland Target Mbokani Hoping For Premier League Move
Related tags: Football
- Sky Sources: West Ham And Liverpool Agree Fee For Andy Carroll
- PFA Warning For Sunderland Boss Paolo Di Canio After Players' Complaint
- Tyne And Wear Football Team Of The Season: What Do You Think?
- Have Your Say: Newcastle United Fans' Survey 2013
- Have Your Say: Sunderland AFC Fans' Survey 2013
- 'Psycho Drama Queen': Phil Bardsley's Girlfriend's Twitter Attack On SAFC Boss Di Canio
- Sunderland Boss Di Canio Criticises Phil Bardsley Over Casino Pictures
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland In For Striker Charlie Austin?
Related tags: Gateshead
- Rugby League Highlights: Gateshead Thunder 12 - 56 Oldham
- 57 Games And Counting: Will Gateshead Thunder Ever Win Again?
- New Striker For Gateshead
- Gateshead Exit For Striker Shaw
- Sunderland 0 - 1 Manchester United
- Players Compete For Contracts At Gateshead Trials
- Released By Sunderland: What Happens Next?