Women who love to dance around their handbags will take to the stage on Saturday May 19 for a special performance as part of the NewcastleGateshead Late Shows.
Over 120 dancing divas have volunteered to be part of the show entitled ‘Handbag’ which they will perform at the Northern Stage theatre in Newcastle.
The unique concept is the brainchild of artistic director, designer and installation artist, Geraldine Pilgrim who specialises in theatre performances, site-specific events and installations located in unusual buildings and landscapes.
Handbag takes place in Stage 1 of Northern Stage on Saturday May 19 with the free, 15-minute performances commencing at 9.30pm.
There will be six performances in total with the final showing being at midnight.
For more information visit the Northern Stage website www.northernstage.co.uk
The Late Shows is an after dark programme of events and exhibitions centering on the cultural venues in NewcastleGateshead, some of which are usually closed in the evening.
Museums, galleries and visitor attractions will stay up late to encourage people to do something cultural with their evening.
For more information on the Late Shows, visit their website http://www.thelateshows.org.uk/home.html
- The Late Shows: Artists Limber Up For After Dark Events
- The Late Shows: Toffee Factory Gets Stuck In
- The Late Shows
- The Toffee Factory Public Tours
More from What's On
- Sunderland Restaurant Wednesdays
- How To Survive Evolution Festival
- Our Guide To The Best Of What's On This Weekend
- One Direction Tickets On Sale For Their Stadium Of Light Concert
- Evolution Festival Director Jim Mawdsley Talks Curry, Cocktails And Bikinis
- The Countdown To Evolution Festival Has Begun! 3 Days To Go!
- North East Bands Big Beat Bronson And Boys Jump Ship Beat 500 Other Hopefuls To Play Evolution Main
- Kung Fu, Tai Chi And Karate Masters The Shaolin Warriors Wow Wearside