Darts steps up to the oche in a new play on Tyneside.
Unfolding Theatre in association with Northern Stage present the darts themed show exploring what it’s like to be the best in the world.
The one-man show entitled Best in The World, was inspired by director, Annie Rigby’s, love of darts after she watched Phil 'The Power Taylor' win his 15th World Darts Championship in 2010.
Written by Carina Rodney and performed by Alex Elliott, the show explores what it might be like to be best in the world.
Director, Annie Rigby, said: “A lot of people have very different ideas about what being the best in the world means to them.
“One of the things that has really come through is being true to yourself and what that really means.
“We set out with the show for it to explore what being the best audience in the world might mean as well.
“So there are a few challenges for the audience and opportunities for them to get up on stage and have a go at throwing some darts.”
Best in The World is playing at Northern Stage, Newcastle, from April 25-28. For more information visit:
More from What's On
- Sunderland Restaurant Wednesdays
- How To Survive Evolution Festival
- Our Guide To The Best Of What's On This Weekend
- One Direction Tickets On Sale For Their Stadium Of Light Concert
- Evolution Festival Director Jim Mawdsley Talks Curry, Cocktails And Bikinis
- The Countdown To Evolution Festival Has Begun! 3 Days To Go!
- North East Bands Big Beat Bronson And Boys Jump Ship Beat 500 Other Hopefuls To Play Evolution Main
- Kung Fu, Tai Chi And Karate Masters The Shaolin Warriors Wow Wearside