Durham kept alive their hopes of reaching the Friends Life t20 quarter-finals with a comprehensive nine-wicket victory over holders Leicestershire at Chester-le-Street on Sunday.
The Foxes' tame defence of their title hit a new low as they struggled to 114-7 after being put in and allowed Durham to race home with 6.4 overs to spare.
Durham now have four wins and four defeats from their eight outings in teh competition and if they beat Leicestershire again at Grace Road on Friday they will go into next Sunday's final game at home to Lancashire with quarter-final hopes very much alive.
Leicestershire opener Abdul Razzaq batted for all but three balls of the innings for 47, while Phil Mustard (51) made a 29-ball half-century in Durham's opening stand of 82.
Chris Rushworth began the match with the Twenty20 rarity of a maiden over and followed up with three more dot balls, before Razzaq cut him for four and then six before ending the over with an off drive for four.
But Razzaq then went back into his shell and found the boundary only three more times in his 57-ball innings.
With the ball darting around in the early overs, Razzaq left several balls and Graham Onions conceded only two off each of his first two overs.
Leicestershire were restricted to 21 off five before Josh Cobb (10) drove Onions over long-on for six, only to be struck on the boot by the next ball as he deaprted leg before.
With Ramnaresh Sarwan run out for a duck when he turned Gareth Breese to backward square leg, Matthew Boyce (16) and Ned Eckersley (13) were the only other Leicestershire players to reach double figures as the visitors posted their meagre total.
Durham scored only three off the opening over, bowled by Matthew Hoggard, but then the runs began to flow.
Mustard crashed six fours and three sixes as he raced to his half-century before being trapped lbw by Cobb.
But his departure proved only a momentary setback to the hosts and Herschelle Gibbs was unbeaten on 49 when Ben Stokes (15 not out) finished the match by driving Nathan Buck for a six over long-off.
- Durham Dynamos Downed By Outlaws
- Herschelle Gibbs Blast Lifts Durham Dynamos
- Dynamos Struck By Lancashire Lightning
- Miller Returns To Haunt Durham
More from Durham CCC
- Yorkshire Bank 40: Durham Lose To Hampshire By Five Wickets
- Dale Benkenstein Blow For Durham County Cricket Club
- LV= County Championship: Durham Beat Surrey By Five Wickets
- County Championship: Durham Move Closer To Win At Surrey
- County Championship Highlights: Durham Take Lead Against Surrey On Day Two
- Durham's Ryan Buckley Claims Five Wickets On Debut Against Surrey In County Championship
- Rain Stops Play In Durham's YB40 Clash With Surrey
- Durham CCC Face Double Header Against Surrey CCC
Related tags: Sport
- Transfer Talk: Reported Sunderland Target Mbokani Hoping For Premier League Move
- Sky Sources: West Ham And Liverpool Agree Fee For Andy Carroll
- PFA Warning For Sunderland Boss Paolo Di Canio After Players' Complaint
- Tyne And Wear Football Team Of The Season: What Do You Think?
- Have Your Say: Newcastle United Fans' Survey 2013
- Have Your Say: Sunderland AFC Fans' Survey 2013
- 'Psycho Drama Queen': Phil Bardsley's Girlfriend's Twitter Attack On SAFC Boss Di Canio
- Sunderland Boss Di Canio Criticises Phil Bardsley Over Casino Pictures
Related tags: Cricket
- Yorkshire Bank Pro 40: Five Wicket Win For Durham Dynamos Over Lancashire Lightning
- Yorkshire Bank Pro40: Durham Dynamos Defeated By Essex Eagles
- Yorkshire Bank 40 Preview: Durham Dynamos v Essex Eagles
- Durham Cut Upcoming England Fixtures
- LV= County Championship Highlights: Durham Go Top With Victory At Notts
- County Championship Day Three: Durham In Charge Against Nottinghamshire
- LV= County Championship: Nottinghamshire CCC v Durham CCC Day Two
- LV= County Championship Day One: Nottinghamshire CCC v Durham CCC Day One