Azeem Rafiq made history as he captained Yorkshire to a 12-run victory over Durham in a Friends Life t20 clash at Emirates Durham ICG.
With regular skipper Andrew Gale sidelined through injury, the 21-year-old became the youngest man to take charge of the White Rose county in a competitive match, as well as the first of Asian origin.
Rafiq scored four not out and took 1-36 on his big night, though it was David Miller who was the hero for the Tykes with a half-century against his old county.
The South African, whose top score of 54 for Durham last year came against Yorkshire, thrashed six sixes in an unbeaten 74 off 35 balls to take the visitors to a competitive 171-6.
Adam Lyth made 30 off 20 balls and Joe Root also batted superbly to make 41, though Jonny Bairstow failed to make the most of his opportunity in the middle after dashing up the motorway.
The England international, who had travelled up from Headingley after the final one-dayer against the West Indies had been washed out earlier in the day, had just two to his name when he was bowled by Ben Stokes.
Durham looked to be on course in their reply, however, when they were 113-2, only to lose their last eight wickets for 46 runs to be bowled out for 159.
Herschelle Gibbs was the key wicket, departing for 76, made off 47 balls, when he drove seamer Moin Ashraf to extra cover.
From then on the hosts fell in a heap, Ryan Sidebottom picking up three wickets in his second spell to finish with his best T20 figures of 4- 25.
Australian Mitchell Starc wrapped up the match with two wickets in as many balls, bowling Mitchell Claydon and Graham Onions for ducks. The win puts Yorkshire joint top of the North Group with Nottinghamshire.
- Durham Dynamos' Destroy Derbyshire
- Durham Coach Wants Repeat Of Yorkshire Performance
- Durham Dynamos' Seven Wicket T20 Defeat
More from Durham CCC
- LV= County Championship: Durham Beat Surrey By Five Wickets
- County Championship: Durham Move Closer To Win At Surrey
- County Championship Highlights: Durham Take Lead Against Surrey On Day Two
- Durham's Ryan Buckley Claims Five Wickets On Debut Against Surrey In County Championship
- Rain Stops Play In Durham's YB40 Clash With Surrey
- Durham CCC Face Double Header Against Surrey CCC
- Yorkshire Bank Pro 40: Five Wicket Win For Durham Dynamos Over Lancashire Lightning
- Yorkshire Bank Pro40: Durham Dynamos Defeated By Essex Eagles
Related tags: Sport
- Transfer Talk: Simon Mignolet's Agent Rubbishes Talk Of A Move
- Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland Preview: SAFC To Play With 'Dignity'
- Newcastle United v Arsenal Preview: NUFC 'Owe A Performance'
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- Newcastle United Dad-To-Be Davide Santon Spared 99mph Driving Ban
- Newcastle United Owner Mike Ashley Arrives At Training Ground In Helicopter
- Sky Ride Comes To NewcastleGateshead In Summer Of 2013: Get Your Bikes Out
- Sports Direct News Apologises For Newcastle Rooney Bid Claims
Related tags: Cricket
- Yorkshire Bank 40 Preview: Durham Dynamos v Essex Eagles
- Durham Cut Upcoming England Fixtures
- LV= County Championship Highlights: Durham Go Top With Victory At Notts
- County Championship Day Three: Durham In Charge Against Nottinghamshire
- LV= County Championship: Nottinghamshire CCC v Durham CCC Day Two
- LV= County Championship Day One: Nottinghamshire CCC v Durham CCC Day One
- LV= County Championship Preview: Durham CCC v Nottingham CCC
- LV= County Championship: Joe Root Leads Yorkshire To Win At Durham