Durham fell short against Glamorgan in Wales to suffer their second Clydesdale Bank Pro 40 defeat of the season.
Simon Jones grabbed 4- 23 as Glamorgan completed their first win of the season with victory over Durham in their CB40 clash on Sunday.
The Welsh county, who have yet to win in the LV= County Championship Division Two, beat their guests by 15-runs in a low scoring game at Colwyn Bay.
Batting first on a slow pitch, Glamorgan had looked unlikely to get off the mark in Group B after being bowled out for 163 in 34.3 overs.
But Durham, who had won three of their previous four CB40 matches, also struggled in reply, eventually slumping to 148 all out.
Glamorgan had made an encouraging start after winning the toss but lost three wickets in four overs to find themselves on 48-3.
Captain Mark Wallace (18) was caught behind off Chris Rushworth and Gareth Rees was caught on the mid-wicket boundary after making 28 off 20 balls.
Marcus North (4) became Rushworth's second victim before Stokes struck twice in as many overs to remove Jim Allenby (26) and Van Jaarsveld (25) as Glamorgan struggled to 100-5.
The wickets continued to fall, only Stewart Walters and Chris Cooke offering any resistance before falling on 22 and 21 respectively.
Stokes, who finished with 3-24 ended the hosts innings with over five overs to spare when he bowled last man Jones for three.
It was Jones though, who began Durham's slide to defeat by claiming the wickets of Phil Mustard and Ben Stokes in the space of two overs to leave the visitors on 28-2 in the eighth over.
James Harris trapped Gordon Muchall lbw in the next over to make it 36-3 and Jones struck again in the following over to haveopener Mark Stoneman (11) caught behind.
Jim Allenby removed Dale Benkenstein with a sharp catch at backward point by Stewart Walters for just six runs but Will Smith and Michael Richardson steadied things for a while.
The pair added 39 runs before Smith was run out at the non-striker's end by bowler Will Owen and from there the slide resumed, Scott Borthwick lasting only three overs before he was bowled by Dean Cosker.
Jones returned to claim the wicket of dangerman Richardson, who went lbw for 45, and in the next over Allenby bowled Liam Plunkett as Durham slumped to 122 for nine.
Mitchell Claydon and Chris Rushworth threatened to pull off a famous victorybut with 13 balls remaining Owen bowled Rushworth to seal the home side's maiden win.
- Onions Stars On England Return
- 98 Run Win For Durham Over Notts
- Durham's Onions To Get England Chance?
- Durham Coach Geoff Cook Disappointed With Lancashire Defeat
More from Durham CCC
- Yorkshire Bank 40: Durham Lose To Hampshire By Five Wickets
- Dale Benkenstein Blow For Durham County Cricket Club
- LV= County Championship: Durham Beat Surrey By Five Wickets
- County Championship: Durham Move Closer To Win At Surrey
- County Championship Highlights: Durham Take Lead Against Surrey On Day Two
- Durham's Ryan Buckley Claims Five Wickets On Debut Against Surrey In County Championship
- Rain Stops Play In Durham's YB40 Clash With Surrey
- Durham CCC Face Double Header Against Surrey CCC
Related tags: Sport
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland In For Striker Charlie Austin?
- Newcastle 0 - 1 Arsenal: Final Day Defeat As Steve Harper Says Goodbye
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- Newcastle United Manager Alan Pardew Confident Over Future
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland May Miss Out On Danny Rose
- Spurs 1 - 0 Sunderland: Bale Brilliance Sinks Paolo Di Canio's Side
- Paolo Di Canio: Sunderland Would Have Gone Down Without Me
- Transfer Talk: Simon Mignolet's Agent Rubbishes Talk Of A Move
Related tags: Cricket
- Yorkshire Bank Pro 40: Five Wicket Win For Durham Dynamos Over Lancashire Lightning
- Yorkshire Bank Pro40: Durham Dynamos Defeated By Essex Eagles
- Yorkshire Bank 40 Preview: Durham Dynamos v Essex Eagles
- Durham Cut Upcoming England Fixtures
- LV= County Championship Highlights: Durham Go Top With Victory At Notts
- County Championship Day Three: Durham In Charge Against Nottinghamshire
- LV= County Championship: Nottinghamshire CCC v Durham CCC Day Two
- LV= County Championship Day One: Nottinghamshire CCC v Durham CCC Day One