Durham skipper Phil Mustard led from the front with a brutal hundred to help his side record a 91-run victory over Group B rivals Nottinghamshire.
Mustard hammered an even 100 off 67 balls to help the Dynamos bounce back from their nail-biting LV= County Championship loss at the hands of Lancashire on Saturday evening.
The wicketkeeper-batsman shared an opening stand of 183 withbefore both well-set batsmen fell in successive overs.
Stoneman was the first to go, chipping Samit Patel out to long-on to depart for a run-a-ball 72, before Mustard perished the very next delivery after he had reached three figures, having hit two sixes and 12 fours in total.
Ben Stokes (23) and Gordon Muchall (34) kept the scoreboard ticking over before Dale Benkenstein and Paul Collingwood launched a late onslaught to take the hosts to a massive total of 310-4.
The experienced duo put on an unbroken 60-run stand in just 5.1 overs with Benkenstein making 39 off only 19 balls and Collingwood 25 not out.
Any hopes Nottinghamshire had of chasing down such a huge target disappeared rapidly as they lost half their team inside the opening 10 overs of their reply.
All the damage was done by Chris Rushworth, the seamer finishing with career-best figures of 5-31 from his eight overs.
Having seen his team slip to 43-5,gave the Outlaws some respectability with a defiant knock of 74 that saw him hit eight boundaries.
The Australian shared in an entertaining eighth-wicket stand of 99 with Paul Franks, who belted five fours and three sixes in a breezy knock of 57 that helped make amends for a rather poor performance with the ball earlier on.
Liam Plunkett and Ben Stokes both claimed two wickets apiece before leg-spinner Scott Borthwick wrapped up the Nottinghamshire innings at 219 in the 38th over.
More from Durham CCC
- Yorkshire Bank 40: Durham Lose To Hampshire By Five Wickets
- Dale Benkenstein Blow For Durham County Cricket Club
- LV= County Championship: Durham Beat Surrey By Five Wickets
- County Championship: Durham Move Closer To Win At Surrey
- County Championship Highlights: Durham Take Lead Against Surrey On Day Two
- Durham's Ryan Buckley Claims Five Wickets On Debut Against Surrey In County Championship
- Rain Stops Play In Durham's YB40 Clash With Surrey
- Durham CCC Face Double Header Against Surrey CCC
Related tags: Sport
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland In For Striker Charlie Austin?
- Newcastle 0 - 1 Arsenal: Final Day Defeat As Steve Harper Says Goodbye
- Lance Armstrong's Life Story Trampled Underfoot In Newcastle
- Newcastle United Manager Alan Pardew Confident Over Future
- Transfer Talk: Sunderland May Miss Out On Danny Rose
- Spurs 1 - 0 Sunderland: Bale Brilliance Sinks Paolo Di Canio's Side
- Paolo Di Canio: Sunderland Would Have Gone Down Without Me
- Transfer Talk: Simon Mignolet's Agent Rubbishes Talk Of A Move
Related tags: Cricket
- Yorkshire Bank Pro 40: Five Wicket Win For Durham Dynamos Over Lancashire Lightning
- Yorkshire Bank Pro40: Durham Dynamos Defeated By Essex Eagles
- Yorkshire Bank 40 Preview: Durham Dynamos v Essex Eagles
- Durham Cut Upcoming England Fixtures
- LV= County Championship Highlights: Durham Go Top With Victory At Notts
- County Championship Day Three: Durham In Charge Against Nottinghamshire
- LV= County Championship: Nottinghamshire CCC v Durham CCC Day Two
- LV= County Championship Day One: Nottinghamshire CCC v Durham CCC Day One